We help families with young children through a combination of home visiting support and social activities.
Home-Start...building strong partnerships to support families
In any local community Home-Start will be one of several organisations working with families and we value our relationships with other agencies. Since Home-Start is a voluntary organisation it can offer a flexible approach to individual families.
Home-Start support is not a substitute for professional services but complementary to them, and the best results are achieved through an active partnership between professionals and Home-Start.
Who can refer families to Home-Start?
The main referrers to Home-Start are health visitors and professionals in the social care and child care sectors. Others include GP's and those working in the fields of mental health, education, early years and probation. Around a quarter of families self refer.
How to refer a family
- Discuss Home-Start with the family - they MUST agree to receive Home-Start support.
- Establish that the family has at least one child under five - this is key to Home-Start support.
- Contact us and speak to the coordinator
- You will then be ask to complete and return a registration form, which indicates the family's needs (this can be downloaded from the website but will need to be returned either by post or fax).
Once the completed registration form has been received we will:
- Set up an initial visit with the family to discuss their needs and tell them all about Home-Start Rossendale.
- Carefully match the skills and experiences of a volunteer to the needs of the family.
- Introduce the volunteer to the family (this may take time and if a suitable match can not be made then you will be informed).
- Let you know when Home-Start Rossendale support starts and ends.
- Keep you informed, within confidentiality guidelines, about progress.
Copies of our referral pack are also available upon request and can be sent electronically or by mail.